In timed video interview, the candidates record their responses for the interview questions in a limited and preset time frame. As a recruiter, you can set the time to both response and preparation for each question.
When to use timed video interview?
Perfect for language skill testing
Testing some other skill → no time to check the answer from Google
You want to get a more spontaneous response with limited practising
Good way to test how candidates operate under pressure
What are they key differences of timed vs. regular pre-recorded interviews?
Where to find the timed interview?
Choose "Timed video interview" when creating a new interview:
*If not visible, functionality is not turned on for your company. Reach out to HR of your company/ Recright
Timed video interview settings
1. Start creating your interview by typing the "Interview Title" and "Location"
2. Choose the publishing date and time. Note that the candidates cannot access the video interview before the publishing date.
3. Choose open until date and time, which is the deadline for the candidate to submit the video interview.
4. Choose time zone and interview language
5. Interview form setup has two mandatory fields; Name and e-mail address. You can also determine whether phone number, city, attachments or links are "not asked", "optional" or "required". You may also add additional form fields by tapping "Add a new form field".
6. The interview questions can be either video questions or text questions.
7. You may record a question video right on the spot by clicking "Click to record a question" or you may choose a video from Video Library "Select from Library" or you may upload a video from your device by clicking "Upload"
8. Once videos are uploaded, it is time to set the following:
Preparation time: The time for the candidate to prepare for the following question (30 seconds to 3 minutes)
Answer time: The answer time for the candidate (30 seconds to 5 minutes)
Number of takes: The number of retakes for the candidate (1 to 3 retakes)
We recommend 3-4 questions per timed interview.
From the Candidate's perspective:
Candidate receives an invitation to the video interview via e-mail
Before taking the interview, candidate needs to pass a network connection and a device test
If the test is passed, candidate can continue to the interview
Once the interview has started, there is no returning back
Candidate has a:
In case a candidate or you need support, we'll help you at support(at)recright.com
Network and device test
Once the candidate is entering the interview, the system will perform a Network connection and a device test.
The test will make sure that candidates network connection and hardware (camera and microphone) are working properly. The test will take approximately 30 seconds.